Are you looking forward to a challenge with a promising future? Get Started email your resume to: email@example.com
Regional Sales Manager - Northeast Region
The Regional Manager is responsible for driving the company’s sales within a defined region. The RM is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing, reporting and maintaining a strategic sales plan to effectively grow the business in a specified region or major geographical area. The RM builds the Steinel brand by ensuring the delivery of high quality and precision engineered solutions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. The Regional Manager:
- Contracts, supports, trains, motivates and co-sells with local lighting agencies in major markets across the region to drive sales in each geographical market.
- Creates demand through development of relationships and specifications with end customers, contractors and engineers / architects. Assists marketing in development and delivery of printed material, advertising, web presence and industry trade shows. Initiates and participates in presentations, product demos and/or lunch and learns.
- Maximizes sales potential of customers, aggressively driving growth via the development of distributor relationships and programs. Builds a working relationship with distribution that supports the interchange of information crucial to account management.
- Identifies prospects, customers and referral sources and cultivates / develops / maintains those relationships to secure sales growth. Actively manages leads and pipeline opportunities.
- Proactively develops a thorough knowledge of the marketplace. Identifies and analyzes competition and shares updates on significant activities with the sales team.
- Actively looks for and suggests new ideas for sales and marketing of company products. Gathers detailed product requirements from partners and customers in the region to inform new product development.
- Sets and reviews weekly/monthly plans and goals individually and with the team. Submits all call reports, forecasts, strategic sales plans, sales presentations and expense reports in an accurate, timely fashion. Attends and actively participates in company meetings.
Proven work experience as Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role. Strong sales and relationship building skills with 3-5 years’ prior sales experience selling into electronic and industrial channels.
General understanding of lighting, energy and electrical contracting requirements and codes in the region based on work experience selling related products. Degree in Electrical Engineering, and IES, LEED or other certifications a plus.
Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI, market share, walletshare, pipeline, win ratio, etc)
Ability to lead and motivate a high performance sales team including commissioned manufactures representatives within defined region.
Excellent verbal, computer, and written communications skills are essential. Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments. Keeps current with technology easily able to operate a PC, work with CRM and Office products.
Requires travel up to 70% of the time doing sales calls and industry trade shows.