Are you looking forward to a challenge with a promising future? Get Started email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Coordinator assists with projects and activities to increase reach and support sales growth within each territory. This position is responsible for improving brand recognition across the industry and penetrating new target markets in both sides of the business, lighting controls and heat tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with manager and in collaboration with the field to execute objectives based on company marketing strategy and sales goals.
- Develops content for marketing and sales programs and implements across communication channels such as social media, direct mail, website and email marketing. Implements and maintains a consistent marketing message across all print and electronic communications.
- Supports field force with marketing tools in responding to sales and marketing requests.
- Stays up-to-date with trends and the competition via competitive review, market research, industry publications, etc.
- Performs market research, assists in identifying target customers and developing strategies to reach them.
- Writes and edits content for newsletters, press releases, blogs and coordinates other media as required.
- Assists in maintaining Marketing Technology tools - Pipedrive CRM, MailChimp email marketing, Hoot Suite social media management, etc.
- Tracks and analyzes effectiveness of promotions across all business lines.
- Coordinates various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs, and other sales literature.
- Coordinates logistics for regional and national trade shows and travels to support shows where necessary.
- Conducts customer surveys and brand research surveys; compiles and reports key findings.
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and at least a basic knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign especially).
The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, primarily to set up and take down trade show booths.
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Manager is responsible for driving the company’s sales within a defined region. The RM is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing, reporting and maintaining a strategic sales plan to effectively grow the business in a specified region or major geographical area. The RM builds the Steinel brand by ensuring the delivery of high quality and precision engineered solutions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. The Regional Manager:
- Contracts, supports, trains, motivates and co-sells with local lighting agencies in major markets across the region to drive sales in each geographical market.
- Creates demand through development of relationships and specifications with end customers, contractors and engineers / architects. Assists marketing in development and delivery of printed material, advertising, web presence and industry trade shows. Initiates and participates in presentations, product demos and/or lunch and learns.
- Maximizes sales potential of customers, aggressively driving growth via the development of distributor relationships and programs. Builds a working relationship with distribution that supports the interchange of information crucial to account management.
- Identifies prospects, customers and referral sources and cultivates / develops / maintains those relationships to secure sales growth. Actively manages leads and pipeline opportunities.
- Proactively develops a thorough knowledge of the marketplace. Identifies and analyzes competition and shares updates on significant activities with the sales team.
- Actively looks for and suggests new ideas for sales and marketing of company products. Gathers detailed product requirements from partners and customers in the region to inform new product development.
- Sets and reviews weekly/monthly plans and goals individually and with the team. Submits all call reports, forecasts, strategic sales plans, sales presentations and expense reports in an accurate, timely fashion. Attends and actively participates in company meetings.
Proven work experience as Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role. Strong sales and relationship building skills with 3-5 years’ prior sales experience selling into electronic and industrial channels.
General understanding of lighting, energy and electrical contracting requirements and codes in the region based on work experience selling related products. Degree in Electrical Engineering, and IES, LEED or other certifications a plus.
Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI, market share, walletshare, pipeline, win ratio, etc)
Ability to lead and motivate a high performance sales team including commissioned manufactures representatives within defined region.
Excellent verbal, computer, and written communications skills are essential. Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments. Keeps current with technology easily able to operate a PC, work with CRM and Office products.
Requires travel up to 70% of the time doing sales calls and industry trade shows.